11 August 2014

Nursery Makeover: Styling your home for less with Home Secret

I get so many fantastic opportunities through this little project of mine and the latest - a nursery makeover with the help of Home Secret, sure was exciting to put together. If you're a follower of any of my social media accounts, you'll know I am a huge fan of Trade and Home Secret so jump at any chance to work with the lovely team.

Before

Most people will look at these before photos and think that the room looks pretty good as it was. I had started the makeover before this mini project so the room was on its way to looking pretty darn cool but needed some extra 'stuff' to really make it a feature room. Oh, and it is unrealistically clean and tidy - silly me tidied up before Shannon from Harth Photography showed up to take these before shots. Normally the cupboards would be open, exposing Trainee Daddy's unkempt wardrobe {because there is no room for his clothes in my walk in wardrobe}, there would probably be a dirty nappy or two just sitting on the desk and without a doubt a whole pile of toys and clothes would be strewn over the floor.

When I arrived at Home Secret with my voucher I was bombarded with ideas because there are just so many options and beautiful products for almost every room in your house. I was a bit conflicted about which room to spend my time and money on but boy I am glad I stuck with my original plan to makeover the nursery.

After

The special items that helped make this amazing room from Home Secret are the fabulous bird cage {filled with Alimrose dolls}, the super cool Rhino, a pack of ten beautiful picture books, the super cute armchair, the beautiful canvas above his cot as well as some pillows in the cot and of course I couldn't resist a pair of Walnut shoes which matched in with the colour palette. 


Huge thank you to:
- Home Secret for yet again trusting me to share your lovely goodies
- Shannon from Harth Photography for capturing the space {and of course Ned} so beautifully
- Dad for being such an awesome all-round-handyman and ensuring everything was hung perfectly
- My father-in-law's partner Rhonda for drawing the palm tree and toucan and trusting me to colour it in

I LOVE IT {and I think Ned does too}

what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Be sure to leave your URL so I can pop by and return the favour xx