29 April 2014

Superb Sunshine Coast - Elliotts Bistro

Welcome and thanks for joining me to check out a new feature on Trainee Mama showcasing Sunshine Coast businesses. I've already proclaimed my love for the best coffee on the coast (although it wasn't part of this series) and this time around, I'm letting you in on a fabulous bistro at Alexandra Headland.

A friend was up visiting and after seeing some delectable pics on Instagram via Styling You and Iris May Style I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to check out what seemed to be a fabulous place to get food. The place?

Elliotts Bistro (previously Elliott's Fine Foods)


It didn't disappoint.

We arrived around 11:30am and decided to sit on the deck to hear the ocean and I was pondering a breakfast meal and although the breakfast service closed at 11:30, they were happy for me to order breakfast (apart from one meal which was sold out) ... My friend and I however decided to order a margarita style pizza, a large salad and a coffee each. There were three salads on offer that day and I was pleased when they mentioned that you could get all three which was awesome because we found it hard deciding which one to get!

The pizza was all kinds of amazing - crunchy (but not too crunchy) base, the perfect amount of sauce that even Manu would not be asking 'where's da sauce?', and beautiful, fresh and local tomato and basil topping. The large salad was the perfect addition to share (or would be fabulous as a meal on its own) and each salad had its own unique and delicious flavour. We finished off with a beautifully moist piece of carrot cake washed down with our enjoyable coffee in very decent sized mugs. (I'm a big cup kind-of-gal and appreciate a good-sized cuppa)


The service was extremely friendly and helpful and they even put up with my eight-month old practically destroying the place via the confines of his high chair. Okay, that was a slight exaggeration - he just found a toy to play with in the shape of the table number and decided to throw it about the place.

At around $40 for the two of us for lunch with coffees, the prices are very reasonable considering the quality of the food and service. Without a doubt, it's some of the best food I've tasted on the coast and I look forward to trying just about everything on that menu (breakfast, lunch and dinner included). I will be returning again, and again, and again and I suggest you visit whenever you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Be sure to leave your URL so I can pop by and return the favour xx